What is America reading this week? According to USA Today, it’s a fascinating mixture of books. At a glance we’ve got a couple of romancy type books (sorry Nicholas Sparks, I’ve included Safe Haven in that generalization), a psychological thriller, a non fiction book about a neurosurgeon’s life after death experience, a political thriller, three erotica novels, a kid’s book and a diet guide. Spans a gambit of interests, wouldn’t you say? Here’s a peek.
1. Safe Haven, love and a dark past combine in this romance.
2. Hopeless, 17-year-old girl struggles with a dangerous attraction (Interestingly, this was self published via Amazon’s Digital Service.)
3. Gone Girl, twisted relationships, a sinister disappearance, psychological thriller.
4. Proof of Heaven, a neurosurgeon’s journey into the afterlife.
5.The Fifth Assassin, An archivist must try to stop a serial killer re-creating the crimes of four presidential assassins
6, 7, 8, 50 Shades of…, erotic romance
9. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Third Wheel, Greg’s life is turned upside down when his school has a Valentine’s Day dance and he has a date but his friend Rowley doesn’t.
10. Shred, a revolutionary diet approach.
So there you go! Have you read any of these books? Please post a comment. We’d love to hear your thoughts!